Monday, 7 November 2011

Pre-Liminary Designs: Barong (Part 1)

Much like with Xangdra I started with just head sketches, trying to define my hero's face. When sketching I was trying to go for a strong chin/stereotypical hero. Whilst developing the look I was drawing heavy reference from mass Effect concept artist Matt Rhodes for the style as I felt that his stylistic renditions really give a good sense of characterisation in art but can be translated easily into semi-realistic 3D models.

Overall these sketches were to just get my head working on a male character (something of which I've not developed for modelling). This stage will prove to be interesting as there are many elements that can go into creating an iconic/recognisable hero. Next comes more pre-lim designs that should help cement Barong's look.

No comments:

Post a Comment