Friday, 27 May 2011

Developing "Blondie"

Over the last few weeks I've been trying to develop the characters of the Good the Bad and The ugly for a sci-fi genre film.

I first focused on the character of blondie, creating sketches withs initially traditional on paper such as this one. It's in these drawings that I'm still trying to figure out the details of the character. In this image we can see that blondie still has the iconic pncho, and it's this that I feel is a staple of the character that should stay through the design along with the trademark squint.

I also included a gas mask as the environment for the characters to exist in would be toxic to humans, this is really an attempt to try an replace another iconic part of the original character which is the hat. From ehere I'm going to do more sketches until I feel it's about time to do a concept piece in photoshop which will be more definitive of the final design. It's at these stages where the small changes can be critical.

No comments:

Post a Comment