Tuesday, 8 March 2011

Castle Doors Research

After completing more work on the castle doors, I still wasn't happy with the outcome I was getting so in turn I decided to take a look at examples of real life castle doors to better understand what makes a good looking door. To the right is a collection of images of elaborately decorated doors, already I know something that mine were missing, next looking at the arch ways that the door is placed in again, massively decorative, some even featuring small sculptures as part of the design.

For my next design for my door and door way I will have to keep this image and others like it close at hand some that I can immediately look and draw reference from them. In my previous images because of my lack of knowledge I've just been drawing cartoon styled doors, I want to develop these and make it look much more impressive.

No comments:

Post a Comment