Thursday, 13 January 2011

Realisation

...I aim beyond my goals. Far beyond what I'm possibly capable of. I did not know how I was going to model my character when I designed it and I had no idea how I was going to tackle it as I went along. I learned quite a bit that even with an extension I was still stupid enough to think I could complete it to a competant level. Turns out I was wrong. After years of aiming high and scrapping and the edges this is the time when I finally didn't make. I've got to the point of exhuastion when after a week of staying up late to try and complete the project I've ultimately failed it, I've spent so much time at the computer in the last week my arms are in physical pain from leaning on them too much. I've tried to cram so much information on how to model this and join and animate that in Maya that I can't take any more. I have an extremely painful headache, sore arms and extremely tired. I can't figure out what I'm doing wrong anymore in terms of completing the model and I really can't figure out how to fix my problems. At this point I don't know what to do, I'm going to go to bed so that I can get to sleep early to wake up in time to find out what do they do with cases such as mine?

Obviously the kicker is it's all my own fault for not starting it earlier and thinking I could get it completed in a week but, also the fact that I delude myself into thinking that I can complete work of a much higher quality than I'm capable of. I really have no idea what happens next after this.

No comments:

Post a Comment