Tuesday, 14 December 2010

Digital Film Production: Storyboard

Creating the storyboard was an interesting process in contrast to other projects as I still only had a vague idea of what I wanted to create as the final outcome. So for this I just created what would essentially be classed as key frames. I wanted to start off with a shot that established the situation of the prisoner and then build upon it from there by showing the the observer pulling on controls. I want to also use many close up shots to help establish style and an over all cinematic feel.

In the storyboard the observer tracks the movements through the use of a video camera that watches over the movement in the room. Slowly the prisoner's confusment begins to lead to submission that then retaliates into anger, resulting in rebellion against the observers desire. Through out the video I want to show the character reactions to the situations that they're experiencing such as the observer clearly enjoying the power she has over the prisoner.

As the video progresses I want to try show the break down of the prisoner character. There is also a section of the song in which I want the characters to sing along to help re-enforce the hypnotic effect of the lyrics and try pass off a standard idea as something a bit more stylistic. I feel that with the right camera work the overall result can look impressive, again I want to re enforce the intamicy of the video with close up shots such as the observers lips near the microphone.

The video will end of a slow motion shot of the prisoner breaking the food tray with the food on top whilst inter splicing it with previous shots of machinary, the characters and other aspects to help building into the grand finale of the song.

Again I want to use this storyboard as more of a rough guide line for my director, talking him through the concept and the end result I want whilst discussing scenes and how to get the best out of them. I feel this is the best way to go about doing this film project as this is one of the first times where I do not have 100% creative control. Whilst ultimately I will be editing the piece I really want to see how someone else will handle my concepts. All thats left is to start shooting and solve problems such as lighting and other camera angles, the light at the end of the tunnel is still far away but it is there.

No comments:

Post a Comment