Monday, 7 June 2010

Digital Film Production: Rough Cut

When it came to editing together all the footage I had filmed the process was fairly simple as I used the tape recording sheet and my storyboard to help me guide how to product should look. One huge problem that presented it's self was that the film is only supposed to be 1 minute long, my first edit attempt clocked in at around 2 minutes and 30 seconds. To try and address this severe over sight I looked over my script and cut out bits that weren't nessesary, my aim was to present the bare bones of the concept I had created. With the rough cut made I started making notes on what shots needed special effects such as digital mattes and the rotoscoping. Below You'll find the rough cut without any sound or effects added.



The real challenege will be when it comes to the rotoscoping as I know how to digitally delete things such as shots where light spands and the boom mic are visable, due to the nature of my shots it makes it even easier to cover up any traces of these things.

Next on the list of things to do is the rotoscoping and the music design.

No comments:

Post a Comment