Today I've mostly been working on creating the primitives for the large tentacle monster. The idea is that it will be crawling out of various crawl spaces and from the water in the game level. This is proving to be a new and interesting challenge as I can't create one long tentacle so I have to resort to creating one shape with a taper at the top and attach it to other prims' to create the shape desired (see right). With the tapered tips I added fexi-effects to make them seem more life-like and similar to concept art. It would be nice to get some animation on these but as they stand they're still looking pretty good, although it's not perfect this is something I'm just going to have to live with due to second life's limitations.
When it comes to the texture I'm going to try use this great lizard skin texture I found in second life's own texture library and combine it with the design from my concept art. With the setting pretty much complete these finishing touches should make it look even more impressive. Below it a look at the level so far with the added tentacles.