Friday, 19 March 2010

Game Art & Design: Accessories

Considering that the William Dyer character only needs some hair I decided to make with an accessorie to fight off the hordes of enemies he could face. Keeping in style with the brief I started to look at revolvers from around 1930. From there I started to construct the accessorie from primitives at a larger scale, this took some time as I was checking the shape whilst constantly adjusting sizes and positioning.

From there I imported the photo of the revolver I was referencing into photoshop to cut out some textures to apply to my virtual rendition. The trick was getting the textures to repeat in a regular way to mimic the 3-d object as best as it can, Whilst the handle was tricky the bullet chamber looks superb. It wouldn't be too much of a matter of detail though as the Revolver would be shrunk down to fit into the hand of William Dyer. Overall to say it was knocked up in an afternoon I'm rather proud of how it turned out, once Dyer has some hair the project will be finished!
Check out the making of images below!


No comments:

Post a Comment