Saturday, 20 February 2010

Game Art & Design: Character front and other things

Here's the final design for the character William Dyer, who will be appearing in the Sunken Temple Level in the video game level I and the two other members of my team are creating, when it came to clothing I tried really hard how to dress him but then I just watched Peter Jackson itteration of King Kong to see the types of clothing that appeared in 1930s America and it worked quite well, I have yet to colour it though. (click to enlarge).

I've been working on trying to get the image just right for this character whilst the age is 35 I took some liberties to make him look a little more interesting, as mentioned I was using actors for the basis of the faces and in this instance I chose the face of Jeffery Combs and thing immediately clicked, I adjusted it and developed it to make it seem more passing than exact look a like.

Also below check out some of the monsters I'm developing, the team decided to go with a 3 tier system, since I'm having to design 3 variations of monsters it made sense to create varying sizes, 1 small one along the lines of a Bat or something simular, 1 human-ish sized one and finally a gigantic one, check out some of the roughs below.



Stay tuned for more developments!

No comments:

Post a Comment