Sunday, 21 February 2010

Game Art And Design: Creature designs

When it comes to the creature designs I've been having a lot of trouble trying to visualise the monsters, I originally started with basic ideas when thinking about the smaller creature designs like rats and bats, then tried to inject a bit of insect influence, this still needs a little more development but it's coming along, like the image at the bottom of the page. When it comes to the humanoid/shape creature I was still having trouble, but with this recent amount of doodles I've came to a design that I really like and want to develop further as I feel I'm on to a winner with the design, of course I will have to look at Mark's set designs and develop them further before finalising anything, but I'm thinking of adding a kind of ritualistic sheek to the overall design. Finally when it comes to the large monster all I've been thinking about is a gigantic squid type monster where the only part you would see are the tentacles.

I've also complete a basic turn around for the main character, but it does still need colour, check it out below:



Keep Checking back!

No comments:

Post a Comment