Friday, 15 January 2010

Visual Language: A peek at a design so far

I told you I'd be busy this weekend! This is just a quick post to show you a rough concept I've developed for my shark character, check it out below and I'll run you through it!


(Click to enlarge)

So I used the base that I presented to you last time to build up a rough idea for one way I could develop my character. The main influence of the limbs comes from Sadamoto's designs for the robots in Evangelion and I just built up from there, I also added a jet engine like device to the character's back to try flesh out the design, same for the utility belt. The colours were only added to get an idea of what main colours go where, they are by no means the final colours. I should also try develop a weapon for it to use in gameplay as it is an antagonist towards the player and should provide some threat. This is the first of what will be many different designs and developments until I get closer to that golden, final one! Keep watching!

No comments:

Post a Comment