Wednesday, 4 November 2009

My Curse... (Part III of III)

Here we go it's home stretch time, last time I went over the Playstation games that I have left to complete and finish. Now it's time for the last of the list, the Wii and Gamecube games! Now you may think I own both consoles but I don't, during the run up to the Wii's release it was revealed that it will be able to play Gamecube games aswell so I snapped up a few cheapy games in the anticipation. Anyways, onto the list!

Onechanbara Bikini Zombie Slayers
- Wii.
I love the concept behind the game, girls in bikinis cutting up zombies with katanas. One day I saw that it was only £10 and I had been dying to play it since release but friends kept put me off, saying it was terrible. So for it's low price I thought if it is bad at least I haven't spent too much. I've started playing this and it's okay just a bit repetitive, but good wii waggling fun. I haven't had much time to go back and play it though.

No More Heroes - Wii.
This is another I picked up off the cheap. I've started to play it but it doesn't feel like a must play though the look and style are worth coming back for the gameplay can be a bit unforgiving in it's difficulty and if you fail a challenge you can't go back and do it again it seems. This one has kind of just slipped into a "get round to playing later" game.

Mario Kart Wii - Wii.
I still need to unlock one or two more racers and get Gold on all the tracks under the different cups and CC settings. It's just so hard using that Wii Wheel thingy-ma-bob!

Resident Evil - Gamecube.
An amazing franchise, and this is where it started (with prettier graphics). I keep trying to play this game but it's a little open ended for me as I also get lost and hold on to things I think I may need later, a guide may be more in order for me to progress in this one.


(A beloved, fun, family friendly game)

The Legend Of Zelda: The Wind Waker
- Gamecube.
An underdog for it's choice of cel-shaded graphics at it's release now beloved and it still looks amazing today. I'm slowly making my way through this one, I think I'm not too far from the end as I'm in my little boat trying to find parts of that blasted Triforce!

Sonic Adventure 2: Battle - Gamecube.
I like some games in the Sonic The Hedgehog franchise and this one I like quite alot for it's fast paced level and mix of platforming (except Knuckles' levels). I think I'm on the penultimate level on the heroe story mode but quite abit on the villian story mode. Either way Shadow is pretty cool here shame about what happened next.

These next games are ones I've downloaded via the Wii's virtual console service.

Super Mario Bros. - Wii (originally Nintendo Entertainment System).
I can get to world 6 without dying once but that's when the game decides that I should do something else with my time...

Super Mario Bros. 3 - Wii (originally Nintendo Entertainment System).
I think I'm on world 7 at the moment...

Donkey Kong Country - Wii (originally on Super Nintendo Entertainment System).
I used to play Donkey Kong Country 2 at my grandmother's house all the time so when this appeared I had to know how the first one played, it's pretty fun and I'm currently on the ice world which I think is the third set of levels. Still kind of prefer DK Country 2, had pirates y'know...

Legend Of Zelda: A Link To The Past
- Wii (originally on Super Nintendo Entertainment System).
I knew of the following behind this game and I enjoy the series, at the moment I'm stuck on one of the the second or third of seven dungeons, I either need a guide or my friend who knows the game like the back of his hand to help me out, it's still fun though and interesting to see the history of a franchise.


(A love for painted box art started so young)

Super Ghouls & Ghosts - Wii (originally on Super Nintendo Entertainment System).
Another childhood favourite from my grandmother's. I could never get past the second level on this game but now look at me I'm on level five of eight (I think). This game is extremely hard and cheats in so many ways, if you ever get to play it you'll know what I mean. Thanks Capcom!

Sonic The Hedgehog - Wii (originally on Sega Mega Drive).
Another classic game, I can get up to the boss in the labyrinth Zone but once those spikes and water starts catching up I always die. Seriously Sega! A corridor where water rises and spikes come out the wall and you have to chase your opponent??!

There are other games such as House of The Dead II & III Return, Ghost Squad, Rock Band and Rock Band 2 but I don't really count those games as their more party and social games and are more fun to play when people are around, if I can finish them it'll be a nice bonus.


There we have it a list of all the videogames I own that I still haven't finished, over 40 titles! It's a long list that I'm trying to reduce but with all the new fantastic games coming out I have to restrain myself from buying a lot of them and choose ones I really really really want to play. This is my hobby, my leisure time, my obsession, my curse!

1 comment:

  1. If you are buying Game Cube games, if you can find a cheap copy; get hold of Killer 7. Has that cool Jap cell shaded feel you seem to like and one of the best story lines in game history (IMO)! unfortunatly hardly anyone bought it and got to experience this Capcom cult classic!

    ReplyDelete